Welcome to College Guidance at Greenfield School!
The College Guidance Program at Greenfield School begins in middle school and intensive work is done each year in the Upper School. The College Guidance Counselor provides each student and their family with individual and classroom style support to help them step-by-step through the college admission's process beginning in Junior and Senior years. The Counselor works collaboratively with students and families to identify their goals, determine any financial needs and to help define their expectations for what they want to achieve. Through this process, a well-balanced list of colleges and universities is developed. The Counselor provides ongoing support and education on available scholarship opportunities. After admission decisions are received, the Counselor also supports students throughout the final college decision-making process and with their launch into adulthood.
Class of 2016
Applications Submitted - 89
Acceptances to Date - 67
75% acceptance rate into colleges applied!
$973k in academic scholarship money awarded so far for 20 seniors!
College Acceptance Updates
The Class of 2016 continues to shine in the college admission process!
- 5 of the 20 seniors have already achieved a 100% acceptance rate on their applications – and many of those students applied to 4 or 5 schools! What an amazing opportunity to have so many choices!
- 25% of the class has already been accepted to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill through the Early Action application process
- 15% of the class has already been accepted to North Carolina State University through the Early Action process
- Over 25% of the class has been invited to apply for the highly competitive Honors College at East Carolina University
- The Class of 2016 can boast a 75% acceptance rate at this time
When you see the Seniors – please congratulate them on a job well done! We are all so proud of their accomplishments!