COVID-19 Information & Resources
Greenfield During COVID-19
Greenfield is deeply committed to staying true to our mission of educating the total student academically, athletically, socially, aesthetically, and morally. The safety of our students and staff is still a top priority.
The following have already been put into place to help with our decisions for reopening school for on-campus learning in August:
- Parent surveys were sent out providing feedback on the remote teaching/learning at all grade levels
- Faculty members submitted an End of Year Assessment on the successes and challenges of remote teaching/learning with suggestions for improvement
- The North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS) has offered weekly zoom meetings for Heads of School, Business Officers, Advancement/Development Leaders, and other administrative team members
- NCAIS has shared a google folder with legal guidelines, DHHS and CDC guidelines, webinars, speakers from the National Association of Independent Schools, and policies being put in place by other independent schools across the nation
- Greenfield teachers are all participating in a 20 hour self-paced course next week titled Reimagining School: The Transition from Emergency to Planned Distance Learning, to be better prepared in the event another forced school building closure occurs
- A Reopening Task Force is meeting regularly to develop three learning scenarios for the 2020/21 school year based on governmental and safety requirements.
The Task Force will continue to work throughout the summer to develop guidelines knowing that we must be intentional about safety while providing the best instructional programs to meet our students’ needs. The three scenarios are:
- School reopens August 17 on campus for all students with modifications for social distancing and other government restrictions
- School reopens in August with a hybrid schedule with most, if not all students on campus daily
- School reopens with remote teaching/learning similar to the last nine weeks of the 2019/20 school year
While our priority is to be on campus as much as possible, we are also preparing for potential interruptions and may need to adjust our calendar accordingly. Even though returning to campus may look and feel different, we are so lucky to already have small class sizes with dedicated students and teachers who are flexible and adaptable.
In order to safely and effectively reopen campus, Greenfield is assessing information, acting decisively, and developing guidelines and procedures to protect our community. We will continue to update this page with any news and information.
As of June 30, Greenfield plans to open with all students on campus on Monday, August 17, 2020. The first day will be a HALF day, dismissing at noon.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is providing regular updates and has information readily available about the virus.
- U.S. State Department issues advisories for travel and currently has issued Level 4 advisories (do not travel) for China and the Hubei province, which includes Wuhan.
- Songs to sing while washing your hands!
- Guidelines for Students returning to the US