Sanya has been an active member of the National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Environmental Club, Headbands for Hope, Youth and Government, the drama club appearing in Greenfield’s Hercules play, Trivia Club and Buddies not Bullies. Sanya has also been a member of the soccer team and has tutored younger students as well.
Sanya has been accepted to 100% of the colleges to which she applied which include NC State, UNC Wilmington, UNC Asheville, App State, Meredith College, East Carolina University, and UNC Chapel Hill. Sanya is attending NC State and she has goals of becoming a pilot one day.
Don’t forget to check out Sanya’s interview below!
- How long have you attended Greenfield School? I have attended Greenfield since the 9th Grade.
- What has been your favorite class and why? My favorite class was 9th grade English with Ms. Green because we had fun while we were learning, and Ms. Green never let the class get boring.
- What is your favorite thing to do outside of school? I like driving to the lake to watch the sunset and eat.
- What is on your playlist? Right now, I am listening to Jeremy Zucker but usually I listen to everything besides country music.
- What colleges have you been accepted to and where are you going? I have been accepted to UNC, UNCW, UNCA, App State, NC State, ECU, and Meredith College. I will be attending NC State.
- What are you planning on majoring in? As of now, I am majoring in Biology but that will probably change.
- What is your favorite show? My favorite show is Gilmore Girls and The Flash.
- If you could do high school over again, what would you do differently? I would be more outspoken and try not to be so shy and quiet.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? I am most proud of the project I did at Save A Youth where I painted all the walls in rainbow pattern and painted a mural.
- What will you miss the most about GS? I will miss all the traditions like spirit week, my teachers, and the freshman year college trips and all of the bonding trips!