• The Elements of Art: line, shape, color, value, texture, form, and space are taught to all students, in varying ways and with different mediums and projects.
• The Principles of Design: contrast, balance, emphasis, unity, pattern, movement and rhythm are featured more in depth at the high school level.
• Students are not graded on talent; they are graded on work completed on time, following directions, and their understanding of the subject.
• Classes and times they meet:
Grades K-6 have art once a week; their class is divided in half.
Grades 7-8 have electives that change by semester; 2 classes of 18 hours and 1 class of 36 hours are offered twice a year.
Grades 9-12 elect to have art and meet every other day for the entire year.
• Classes and their grading format:
Kindergarten students are not graded
1st grade-4th grade are evaluated in 3 categories and receive a letter grade which indicates Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory, or Outstanding and are on a 4-9 week grading period.
Grades 4-12 use the alphanumeric equivalent of A-F and are on a 6-6week grading period for the school year; the 4th- 6th classes come once a week. The 7th and 8th grade electives change by semester, students come for either two 18 week classes or a 36 week class which meets twice a week.
• Electives for Fall 2018 will be:
Class of 2022 Our Town Mural