Athletic Hall of Fame
Greenfield Hall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of the Head of School, Assistant Head of School, Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, a member of Greenfield’s Board of Trustees, community representative, and a faculty/staff member who induct candidates every three years.
The Selection Committee will choose Inductees in closed meetings. The decisions will be approved by the Head of School and Athletic Director before they are made public.
Criteria for Selection
Candidates are eligible through four classifications. 1.) Athletes 2.) Coaches 3.) Special Award 4.) Varsity Team award.
- Athletes- A maximum of four will be chosen every three years for the Greenfield Hall of Fame. Nominees must have been graduated at least five years prior to nomination. Fewer or one may be selected. All nominees not selected will remain on the nomination selection list indefinitely.
- Coaches- A maximum of one each Hall of Fame, but none may be selected. All nominees not selected will remain on the nominee selection list indefinitely.
- Must have distinguished himself/herself at Greenfield School demonstrating exceptional leadership, character, and athletic achievement
- May be living or deceased
- Special Award- A maximum of one each Hall of Fame, but none may be selected. All nominees will remain on the selection list indefinitely.
- A person who has been a loyal and devoted supporter of Greenfield School
- May be either living or deceased
- Varsity Team Award- A maximum of one team or an era of teams may be selected, but none may be selected.
- Must have performed with excellence and sportsmanship
- Must have performed at least five years ago.
Class of 2019 of Hall of Fame Inductees:
From left to right front row:
Catherine Thomas ('96), Coach Ben Forbes, Dr. Badie T. Clark, III ('83), Anthony Atkinson ('03), Thomas Edward Beaman, Jr. (on behalf of Mrs. Janet B. Beaman)
Members of 1989 Boys Varsity Soccer Championship team - Steven Daniel, Jim Hussy, John Farmer, Jack Forbes, Will Sutton, Chris Dixon and Chris Bolt