Tuition and Fees
Indexed Tuition Range
The Board of Trustees for Greenfield School is determined to make a Greenfield education accessible to families from a wide range of economic backgrounds and wants to avoid the “sticker shock” that can occur when families are presented only with the upper end of the range. Recruiting other families to share in the costs and benefits of our premier, college-focused program, while still maintaining an appropriately small class size, will allow us to provide additional resources for your student to excel academically, socially, aesthetically, physically, and morally.
For those for whom investing at the top end of the range seems beyond their reach, in order to find the right tuition investment for a family regardless of the number of children applying, Greenfield School uses FACTS as an objective and independent third party. FACTS is a third-party service that provides the school with a need-based tuition aid analysis and report. This report provides a recommendation for how much a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. While FACTS recommends an amount each family can pay toward tuition, the school's Financial Aid Committee makes the final determination regarding award amounts.
All students applying for an indexed tuition grant must be accepted and enrolled (contract signed with deposit) at Greenfield School prior to receipt of the award. The average award given for 2020-21 was $2,338.00.
How does it work?
- When submitting your Student Application for admission, please be sure to check the box indicating your intention to apply for indexed tuition (students applying for admission and indexed tuition will also be automatically reviewed for any applicable scholarships.)
- To determine your place on the tuition range, please complete the Financial Grant Application found on the FACTS Grant & Aid website no later than April 15th. You will need to pay their application fee online at their secure website.
- Indexed tuition grants are need-based and do not need to be repaid.
- The deadline for indexed tuition applications must be submitted no later than April 15th for returning families and May 15th for new families. (Applications received after the deadlines will be reviewed if funds are available.)
- No indexed tuition covers the full cost of tuition at Greenfield School. Index tuition can range from $500 up to a maximum of half the cost of tuition for each student.
- Greenfield School's indexed tuition policy requires a signed copy of the family's current year Federal Tax Return (1040) to be submitted, along with the application, to FACTS. Families planning on applying for indexed tuition are encouraged to file their tax returns by mid-February.
- Applications for indexed tuition must be submitted annually.
- Greenfield School's indexed tuition program is administered in the strictest of confidence. We request that recipients and their families keep their grant information confidential as well.
- Indexed tuition grants will NOT be finalized until all appropriate forms have been received as part of your FACTS application. In addition to these documents, your student's enrollment application must be processed, deposit paid, and the student is enrolled.
- While first consideration will be given to applications received early, applications received after April 15th will only be reviewed if funding is available.
*Any financial information that families provide will be held in strict confidence and will not be shared with anyone outside of the Greenfield School Financial Grant Committee.
Indexed Tuition Timeline
FOR RETURNING FAMILIES:
- January 17th-April 15th: Submission deadline for FACTS applications.
- April 16th: Submission deadline for signed copies of Federal Income Tax Returns and W-2 forms. Tax returns, W-2 forms, and other supporting documents should be uploaded to the FACTS website which can be accessed from the Greenfield School website under the Admission tab and then on the Tuition and Fees page.
FOR NEW FAMILIES:
- February 17th until funds are depleted.
*Submission deadline for the FACTS applications.
Tuition Management Plan
Every year, thousands of students must withdraw from private or independent schools. When enrolling at Greenfield School your financial obligation to the school is for the full annual tuition as stated in the school’s enrollment contract. The school cannot refund tuition or cancel unpaid obligations if your child is forced to withdraw during the academic year.
If your son or daughter withdraws, the Tuition Management Plan will credit benefits (subject to the terms of the policy and the amount covered) to your son or daughter’s account, which provides substantial assistance in meeting your financial obligation.
Tuition Payment Options
Three (3) payment plans are available and include an annual payment option, a semester payment option (due Aug. 1 and Dec. 1), and monthly payments of ten (10) equal installments.
- The tuition management plan is optional for the semester or annual plan.
- A tuition management plan is MANDATORY for the monthly plan and is included in the monthly payment.
- The above figures include tuition and all fees (including books, materials, facilities, and technology). Additional fees will be charged for Language Center, online courses, trips, athletic tournaments, and lunches.
- Service charges and tuition management plan fees will be applied when electing the ten-month payment plan.
- The birth date cutoff for all preschool classes is August 31st.
After School Enrichment
After School Enrichment is available from 3:00-6:00. Please complete the After School Enrichment application form if you will utilize the After School Enrichment (ASE) program. https://www.greenfieldschool.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=383725&type=d&pREC_ID=871720